I learnt today choosing items for a dining room is not as easy as I thought it would be. But I also learnt that in doing a wish list for each room in our house I am learning what I like and what colours i gravitate towards, which considering our colour consult is on Monday is really good.
I thought I wanted colour, not everywhere like neutral whites and greys on the floor and walls, but colour as well. But what I have learnt is that I love natural colours. Which since we are building in the outskirts of Brisbane on what was farming land is pretty perfect. The colours will suit our surroundings and hopefully will provide a light airy feel to the house.
If my dining room contains these items I will be incredibly happy…
- Isn’t this dinner set stunning? They are simple but much more interesting than plain white plates
- Every dining table needs a pretty vase and flowers
- I have always wanted a lazy susan and this rustic wooden one is just perfect
- I was looking for ceramic plates on the weekend and came across Kim Wallace Ceramics, Kim is a Brisbane based artist and she makes the most gorgeous items like these salad servers
- You know I love candles, and absolutely need them in the dining room. I love these small hurricanes
- Pretty soft linen napkins make my heart happy. They just make dinner feel a little more special you know?
- I just love this salad bowl, that is all
- I am trying to convince Marc we should have a pendant or chandelier over the dining table and I just love this one!
- Lastly I am obsessing over matte cutlery at the moment and I am absolutely loving this set