Hey hey! How are you all? I feel like I’ve been in hiding for the past few weeks, I’ve been in a bit of a funk. It was a combination of things that lead to it, but mostly I was just trying to do too many things and I was taking enough time to relax. So for the past few weeks I have taken some time out, time for self care and to start feeling like me again. I’m just about there, and all this made me realise that self care is so important.
Even when things are crazy busy, take time out for self care. You have to look after yourself! It’s crazy important. I used to read all the time but all that stopped a couple of months ago, but in the past couple of weeks I have started reading again everyday, so I wanted to share my current wish list of books with you all, and maybe inspire you!
- Katherine Sabbath is insanely talented and when I found out she had a kickstarter project to release her first book, which would be part art book, part recipe book I knew I wanted it! I just receive my copy and it is so so much better than I thought it would be! Seriously go pre-order a copy right now!
- As you all know I adore Jessica Merchant from How Sweet Eats! I read her blog everyday! And she is releasing a new book called the pretty dish, it won’t be released until March 2017 but you can pre-order it on Amazon. Get it girl!
- And to round out my cookbook choices is Matt Moran’s new cookbook Australia’s Food, this is going to be released later this month. You can pre-order it here this book is filled with traditional recipes from regional Australia to the coastline an I cannot wait to get my copy!!
- Caraval is a book I have not yet read but it is one my must read list. The reviews are all good and describe it as an action adventure full of magic and mystery, sounds like my kind of book.
- I love Joel Creasy! I first saw him on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! and the banter he had with Chrissy Swan was a riot! He is now a comedy superstar performing sell out shows in Australia and overseas. If that is anything to go by his new book Thirsty is going to be one hilarious read.
- A friend recently recommended I start reading Lisa Unger books, I have a penchant for crime novels they just fascinate me, and at times give me nightmares! But none the less I love them. Beautiful Lies is the first book of hers that i read and I could not put it down, it was gripping and suspenseful. And so wildly different to all other crime novels I have read. If you enjoy crime or thriller/suspense novels read this one.
- Marc and I watched American Assassin two weeks ago and the movie was fantastic! Whenever I watch a movie that i really enjoy if I find out there is a book I just have to read it! Books have so many more little details that the movies just can’t capture, take Harry Potter for example, the movies are amazing but the books add so much more!
- This is another book I have not yet read, but I will be reading it in the next few weeks. I picked it up purely because the title referenced magicians. I love magic! This novel sounds intriguing and has been described as the story others forgot to tell, that’s enough to make me want to read it.
- Last but not least the subtle art of not giving a f*ck is a not take on living a good life. It’s not about positive thinking it’s about understanding that not everything is going to work out exactly how you want and learning what you don’t need to care about. Loved it!