aren’t hash browns the best?? There are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and hopefully perfectly salted…. mmmm…. they bring me such breakfast joy! I have never been able to make successful hash browns at home until recently and once i figured it out i knew i need to share with you guys! let’s all make hash browns and have an internet brunch! oh and we can have cocktails! truly bottomless cocktails and we can stay in out pyjamas and no one can judge us!
so it’s mother’s day next sunday, have you made plans with your mum? do you have a mothers day tradition? don’t often get to see my mum for mothers day as she lives interstate but as she was here last weekend i took her out for high tea as an early celebration and i have arranged for a gift to be posted to her. as marc’s mum is here this year, only the second time she has been in australia for mothers day since marc and i started dating 6 years ago. we have arranged family dinner for the saturday night.
Have you ever tried a bee sting? They are one of my favourite desserts and that one^^ Is the second cake I made for my 30th.
I love making my birthday cake, I make cakes for so many people and getting to make mine is exciting. I can experiment and make crazy things, one year I made lime cupcakes with vegetable carbon so they were black. And sometimes I am feeling nostalgic and make something I love, like this bee sting.
When I was 17 I worked in a bakery, which I loved, and one of the speciality’s was bee sting. Buttery brioche and smooth, thick custard topped with crunchy almonds and honey, what’s not to love. Working in that bakery remains one of my favourite jobs,the early starts, surrounded by incredible food, fresh donuts, trays and trays of slices, fresh baked pies and sausage rolls. It was like heaven. What has your favourite job been? Is it your current job?
Is it really Wednesday? I’m getting my days confused after all the long weekends we’ve had recently. One thing that never confuses me is dessert. I love sweet, don’t you? Just not super sweet tooth aching sweets, I like my sweets to be balanced. Upside down cake is one of my favourite desserts, it’s most often made with pineapple but apples are perfect for it. And when you can produce something like this caramel apple upside down cake you know you’ve got a winner.
Three long weekends in a row has been awesome, and I have decided that long weekends should be a thing every week. right? Right? Who doesn’t love a long weekend? More time with loved ones. More time doing the things you love. Picnics. Beach. BBQs. Drinks with friends. I love all of it!
What do you get up to on long weekends?
We like to make the most of our time off and we tend to jam pack long weekends with fun! Please tell me you do the same?? As a society we spend so much time working that we really should enjoy every second we have to spend with friends and family outside of work. Having depression and anxiety has taught me that i need to take time out to slow down and appreciate what i have and process everything that is going on in my life. Taking out out for you is so important. Make sure you make time for you!
Let’s look at my wish list this week….
- How good is Greek food and this cookbook looks incredible!! I need to add it to my collection!
- I have no words for this drummer jacket, it’s just stunning!
- How cosy do these mugs look? I want to fill it with hot chocolate and toast marshmallow by the fire
- When the weather cools down I drink tonnes of tea, and this creme brulee tea is all kinds of amazing!
- Mum brought me this dress to wear for my birthday dinner. It’s gorgeous! I love the colour and the pattern and it is SO COMFORTABLE!!!
- Still obsessed with Studio DIYs Can’t Clutch This subscription. Just look at this months clutch!!!
- I have been lusting over Le Crueset casserole dishes for what seems like forever! I mean how pretty is this pink one??
- One of my favourite things about winter is that i get to wear scarves, and i need this one
- I love pretty serving stands like this I want to buy 2 or 3 different pretty stands and invite the girls over for high tea where the drinks don’t cost a fortune and the tea is truly bottomless