Is it really Wednesday? I’m getting my days confused after all the long weekends we’ve had recently. One thing that never confuses me is dessert. I love sweet, don’t you? Just not super sweet tooth aching sweets, I like my sweets to be balanced. Upside down cake is one of my favourite desserts, it’s most often made with pineapple but apples are perfect for it. And when you can produce something like this caramel apple upside down cake you know you’ve got a winner.
Three long weekends in a row has been awesome, and I have decided that long weekends should be a thing every week. right? Right? Who doesn’t love a long weekend? More time with loved ones. More time doing the things you love. Picnics. Beach. BBQs. Drinks with friends. I love all of it!
What do you get up to on long weekends?
We like to make the most of our time off and we tend to jam pack long weekends with fun! Please tell me you do the same?? As a society we spend so much time working that we really should enjoy every second we have to spend with friends and family outside of work. Having depression and anxiety has taught me that i need to take time out to slow down and appreciate what i have and process everything that is going on in my life. Taking out out for you is so important. Make sure you make time for you!
Let’s look at my wish list this week….
- How good is Greek food and this cookbook looks incredible!! I need to add it to my collection!
- I have no words for this drummer jacket, it’s just stunning!
- How cosy do these mugs look? I want to fill it with hot chocolate and toast marshmallow by the fire
- When the weather cools down I drink tonnes of tea, and this creme brulee tea is all kinds of amazing!
- Mum brought me this dress to wear for my birthday dinner. It’s gorgeous! I love the colour and the pattern and it is SO COMFORTABLE!!!
- Still obsessed with Studio DIYs Can’t Clutch This subscription. Just look at this months clutch!!!
- I have been lusting over Le Crueset casserole dishes for what seems like forever! I mean how pretty is this pink one??
- One of my favourite things about winter is that i get to wear scarves, and i need this one
- I love pretty serving stands like this I want to buy 2 or 3 different pretty stands and invite the girls over for high tea where the drinks don’t cost a fortune and the tea is truly bottomless
Happy Friyay friends!!! How has your week been? We had another 4 day weekend as it was my birthday on Tuesday so we took Monday off and Tuesday was a public holiday. So we had a 3 day work week but it has been so hectic. I love long weekends but the work load at the moment just does not agree with long weekends at all. I am absolutely in need of an apple cider bourbon cocktail or 6….
I know what your thinking, two earl grey recipes in a row??? I know, I know, I’m sorry I promise this is the last one, well for now…
I love, LOVE earl grey tea! It’s my very favourite tea and I have been experimenting with infusing milk and cream and I am working on a cocktails with earl grey syrup. Once I have the perfect cocktail I will share, but lets talk about these popsicles.
Happy Sunday beautiful people!! I made you pancakes!!! But not just any pancakes, these are the exact pancakes I will be making myself for my birthday. I love pancakes, they are my favourite breakfast food and I always make them for myself for my birthday breakfast. I have been thinking abut making earl grey pancakes for a while and I don’t know why I waited so long.