Is it really Wednesday? I’m getting my days confused after all the long weekends we’ve had recently. One thing that never confuses me is dessert. I love sweet, don’t you? Just not super sweet tooth aching sweets, I like my sweets to be balanced. Upside down cake is one of my favourite desserts, it’s most often made with pineapple but apples are perfect for it. And when you can produce something like this caramel apple upside down cake you know you’ve got a winner.
Three long weekends in a row has been awesome, and I have decided that long weekends should be a thing every week. right? Right? Who doesn’t love a long weekend? More time with loved ones. More time doing the things you love. Picnics. Beach. BBQs. Drinks with friends. I love all of it!
What do you get up to on long weekends?
We like to make the most of our time off and we tend to jam pack long weekends with fun! Please tell me you do the same?? As a society we spend so much time working that we really should enjoy every second we have to spend with friends and family outside of work. Having depression and anxiety has taught me that i need to take time out to slow down and appreciate what i have and process everything that is going on in my life. Taking out out for you is so important. Make sure you make time for you!
Let’s look at my wish list this week….
- How good is Greek food and this cookbook looks incredible!! I need to add it to my collection!
- I have no words for this drummer jacket, it’s just stunning!
- How cosy do these mugs look? I want to fill it with hot chocolate and toast marshmallow by the fire
- When the weather cools down I drink tonnes of tea, and this creme brulee tea is all kinds of amazing!
- Mum brought me this dress to wear for my birthday dinner. It’s gorgeous! I love the colour and the pattern and it is SO COMFORTABLE!!!
- Still obsessed with Studio DIYs Can’t Clutch This subscription. Just look at this months clutch!!!
- I have been lusting over Le Crueset casserole dishes for what seems like forever! I mean how pretty is this pink one??
- One of my favourite things about winter is that i get to wear scarves, and i need this one
- I love pretty serving stands like this I want to buy 2 or 3 different pretty stands and invite the girls over for high tea where the drinks don’t cost a fortune and the tea is truly bottomless
Happy Sunday Friends! How is your weekend going so far? We saw 2 movies back to back at the cinema yesterday with friends, we saw Fate of the Furious and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. They were both so good, we are huge fast and the furious fans and I loved the nod to Paul Walker they added in this movie and for me this movie was less predictable, there was lots of twists. And Guardians of the Galaxy OMG! Huge Marvel fan right here I LOVED IT!! It had humour and action and baby Groot and who doesn’t love baby Groot??? I don’t want to say to much and spoil it for you but it was amazing!!
This morning I am sharing my new obsession smoothie bowls!!
I am officially in my thirties! Two days in and I am loving it!! Marc organised dinner Saturday night with friends and family, it was absolutely amazing. We had such a fun night, and the food. Oh my the food, was sensational. There was sweet potato falafels, kataifi pastry filled with middle eastern cheese and spicy lamb boureks for entree, all of them were bursting with flavour. Then the mains came out… I didn’t think it could get better, then it did. with garlic chicken kebabs, Moroccan spiced calamari, lamb pizza with rocket, haloumi and eggplant pizza and beetroot salad. So much food and we ate it all, everyone loved it!
How was your weekend?? I have been super spoilt this weekend. My birthday is tomorrow and our weekend was action packed!! Saturday night we had dinner with both Mums and friends at Mecca Bah, the food was so full of flavour and beautifully cooked and presented. If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen some of it. Tonight I made this lemon chilli chicken again, its the third time I’ve made it in three weeks, it’s seriously so good!