do you have plans with your Mum for mother’s day this weekend? my Mum was here a couple of weeks ago for my birthday so i took her out for high tea then, and this weekend we have plans for Marc’s Mum. we asked what she would like to do and all she wanted was to have dinner with the family, it’s the first time since she’s moved back that Marc, his Dad and his brother have all been here so she just wants everyone together.
Three long weekends in a row has been awesome, and I have decided that long weekends should be a thing every week. right? Right? Who doesn’t love a long weekend? More time with loved ones. More time doing the things you love. Picnics. Beach. BBQs. Drinks with friends. I love all of it!
What do you get up to on long weekends?
We like to make the most of our time off and we tend to jam pack long weekends with fun! Please tell me you do the same?? As a society we spend so much time working that we really should enjoy every second we have to spend with friends and family outside of work. Having depression and anxiety has taught me that i need to take time out to slow down and appreciate what i have and process everything that is going on in my life. Taking out out for you is so important. Make sure you make time for you!
Let’s look at my wish list this week….
- How good is Greek food and this cookbook looks incredible!! I need to add it to my collection!
- I have no words for this drummer jacket, it’s just stunning!
- How cosy do these mugs look? I want to fill it with hot chocolate and toast marshmallow by the fire
- When the weather cools down I drink tonnes of tea, and this creme brulee tea is all kinds of amazing!
- Mum brought me this dress to wear for my birthday dinner. It’s gorgeous! I love the colour and the pattern and it is SO COMFORTABLE!!!
- Still obsessed with Studio DIYs Can’t Clutch This subscription. Just look at this months clutch!!!
- I have been lusting over Le Crueset casserole dishes for what seems like forever! I mean how pretty is this pink one??
- One of my favourite things about winter is that i get to wear scarves, and i need this one
- I love pretty serving stands like this I want to buy 2 or 3 different pretty stands and invite the girls over for high tea where the drinks don’t cost a fortune and the tea is truly bottomless
I turn 30 in one week, I am still feeling good about it. The only birthday I ever got thingy about was when I turned 22, I had a meltdown the day before. I thought it meant I had to be a real adult. I find the older I get the more comfortable I am with myself and the happy I am. How about you? Have you ever freaked out about a certain birthday?
We made it to IKEA this weekend, it was actually fun! Marc surprised me and enjoyed it. I realised that every other time I have been there I have never paid attention to the show rooms. But now that we are building we took the time to look at the show rooms, I was really surprised they are amazing and really show just how good at organisation they are. Now I have so many ideas for the kitchen pantry, wardrobe and office.
I turn 30 in 21 days and I’m actually feeling really good about it. The last 6 months have been amazing! I got married, I started this blog, I have so much more confidence and I am happier. I am chasing my dreams and that is an amazing feeling.
This year we will be building our house!! (OMG STILL STUPIDLY EXCITED ABOUT THAT!!!) Life is pretty great at the moment. I am looking forward to everything this year has in store for me!